It is now easier than ever to achieve the look that we want, without having to go under the knife and pay thousands of dollars for surgery. A popular treatment in the world of beauty and cosmetics at the moment is dermal fillers.
These little injections do wonders, such as decreasing the signs of aging and improving the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Before deciding whether dermal fillers are the right choice for the look you want, read on to find out the science behind these little injections, including how they work and their benefits.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are small injections made up of a substance called hyaluronic acid. You may think the name is familiar, and that’s because hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance created by our bodies.
Dermal fillers can be used to add volume to soft tissue, which can fill in wrinkles and reduce the signs of aging. They can be used on many different parts of the face, achieving a different look depending on where you use them. For example, you can use them around your eyes to reduce crow’s feet, in your cheeks to create dimples, or in your lips for bigger, more voluminous lips.
The Science Behind Dermal Fillers
The science behind dermal fillers is interesting and important to know before you proceed with the treatment. As stated earlier, hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance, which begins to reduce as we age. This causes the skin to become prone to wrinkles, sagging, and fine lines.
For a supple, natural look, dermal fillers can be used to replace the body’s dwindling hyaluronic acid stores, restoring volume and promoting a youthful look. Over time, dermal fillers will be broken down naturally by the body, meaning they do require regular top-ups. This could be anywhere from 6 to 18 months, depending on how quickly your body breaks down the dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers have gained a lot of popularity because they are affordable and safe. As they contain a substance created naturally by our bodies, there are little to no adverse effects associated with the treatment. The most common effects of dermal fillers are swelling, bruising, or redness, which will go down after a few days, but your therapist will do what they can to reduce this.
Dermal Filler Benefits
Now you know how dermal fillers work, it’s time to get to the exciting stuff: the benefits of dermal fillers! There are several benefits to choosing this treatment, such as:
- You can decrease the signs of aging: We all want to stay young forever, and while we may still feel 20, our skin says otherwise. If you are looking for a way to stay youthful and keep your face supple and smooth, dermal fillers could be the answer. If you already invest in beauty treatments and expensive moisturizers to achieve a young glow, you may want to consider investing in dermal fillers instead.
- Dermal fillers provide instant results: If you’re looking for a treatment that requires little to no downtime and instant results, dermal fillers provide both of these amazing advantages. Unlike surgery where you require time off work, dermal fillers are a treatment that can be done in as little as 10 minutes, with instant results. Depending on the look you want, it may take time to achieve specific results, but you will definitely see a difference straight away.
- An affordable treatment: Surgery can be very expensive without including the time you would need off work and travel costs to and from the surgeon of your choice. Dermal fillers are a much more affordable solution designed for everyone, rather than just rich folks and celebs. You can also get dermal fillers through a finance option, allowing you to pay off the treatment monthly.
- Increased confidence: However much we practice self-love, there are still things we would change if we could. Dermal fillers allow you to make subtle changes to your face to achieve the look you want, such as bigger, fuller lips, or fewer wrinkles. There is nothing wrong with changing the way you look if it will make you happy and increase your confidence!
- Improved acne scarring: For those who suffer from acne, dermal fillers are a fabulous treatment that can reduce the look of scarring and help your skin to heal and recover quicker than without treatment.
Dermal fillers are an affordable, safe, and effective treatment for anyone who wants to combat the signs of aging, add volume to certain areas of the face, or improve acne scarring. Whatever your reason for getting dermal fillers, you will be so happy with the results.